Are you passionate about making a genuine difference?
STAR Inc. IS committed to providing quality teaching and support services to our participants. Our employees are crucial to the success of our services which is why we have a rigorous interview process.
Applicants must obtain the prerequisites required before applying. They should also have the necessary personal attributes to perform their roles: compassion, care, diligence, work ethic, respect and reliability.
Pre-requisites to employment
Individuals applying for work at STAR Inc. must meet a number of minimum pre-requisite requirements to be considered for employment.
If you’re interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you – send your CV to us at email@example.com.
LIVING SKILLS TEACHER – DISABILITY SUPPORT WORKER – MENTOR
Do you want to make a genuine difference in the lives of people with a disability?
STAR Inc. are looking for experienced, enthusiastic and passionate support workers to join our expanding support team.
We are an NDIS and CHSP provider that has been providing teaching and support services to people living with a disability since 1986. We are committed to providing a place of genuine support for people living with a disability and their families to feel connected with the community.
As part of our team you will be involved in supporting participants on a regular basis with the following:
- Support participants to develop their skills and independence around daily household management and personal tasks (cooking, cleaning, budgeting)
- Support, encourage and assist clients to have a community-based lifestyle of their choice
- Encourage and support meaningful social and community engagement opportunities for participants
- Promote a positive image of participants within the community
- Assist participants to achieve their individual goals using a person-centred approach
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Individual Support (Disability)
- Preferable 6 months’ experience working in the disability industry
- Mental health experience/knowledge an advantage
- Minimum of 10 hours of consistent availability each week
- DHS Clearances (Aged care, NDIS worker check, Working with children)
- National police clearance
- Current First Aid certificate – including current CPR
- NDIS worker orientation module
- Current driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Committed and reliable work ethic
- Work autonomously or as part of a team
- Demonstrate initiative, positive attitude and problem solving
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to the inclusion of people living with a disability
- Salary Sacrifice
- Flexible working hours (Uni students are encouraged to apply)
- Various hours and work locations available (Metropolitan Adelaide)
- Immediate start for the right applicants
- Casual and part-time positions available
- Opportunity to be part of a supportive and well-established organisation
- Be supported by a small and experienced leadership team
- Pay based on the SCHADS Award
If you have a passion and a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of individuals living with a disability please send your cover letter and resume to Admin@starinc.com.au.
If you would like any additional information regarding this opportunity please call 08 8269 2199.